Baby Massage and Oils.

It is true from what I have heard and experienced with my own little DS and with my neice in India too.
As per my opinion, 9 out of 10 babies get rashes with J & J baby oil...  Indians generally prefer using Parachute Coconut oil, its what your mom or mil will advice you to use. Some say that coconut oil makes the skin dark, and so opt for Almond oil available at Indian stores.
Figaro Olive Oil from India.
Sesame seed oil.
Burt Bees oil.
PED's recommend to avoid coconut oil in the winters as it harden and does not wash off easily from the skin and may cause rash for babies. So you could go for Olive oil for winter and coconut oil for the summer.
you can use any brand of extra virgin olive oil.

Click below:
 Guideline on How to Massage your baby.

Comments

  1. Almond oil is specific to the place where u live. Just get something that is less fragrant if you are using it for an infant. Check Vitamin Shoppe or any Baby department store.
    In India, most commonly used is Dabur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for my baby's body massage and pure sesame oil for her head massage. I got the sesame oil from India when my In-Laws were coming. She is now 16 months old and I have no issues at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BABY SHOPPING LIST

Cribs > Bassinets > Play-yards with Member Feedback

PRENATAL VITAMINS